Storageflex InfiniVault NAS Archive Appliance was designed for companies and departments with 100 to 5,000 employees looking to significantly decrease the cost of storing and backing up data. The Storageflex InfiniVault NAS Archive Appliance is the leading data preservation system. Unlike other disk-based storage systems, Storageflex InfiniVault includes removable disk and provides all the access and performance benefits of online storage with the economic benefits of offline storage. By implementing the Storageflex InfiniVault data preservation system, customers will spend half as much money than alternative solutions and can expect to reduce the amount of data on primary storage by 50 percent, cut backup time by 50 percent and power consumption by 75 percent.
- File-level de-duplication – only a single copy of any file will be saved in each repository.
- Attribute and content searching – Storageflex InfiniVault creates a key word index, providing for fast discovery and rapid recovery of files.
- Multiple data retention and deletion policies applied simultaneously – support for multiple applications and business practices.
- Automatic protection of data – up to four copies can be made.
- Powerful AES-256 encryption for RDX removable cartridges – provides data security.
- Encryption keys managed internally – simplifies management of secure data.
- Multiple legal holds can be applied to data – support for data subject to E-discovery.
- Complete audit trails are tracked with InfiniVault – provides chain of custody reporting.
- Hardware enforced WORM setting – ensures immutability of data.
- File compression – reduces the number of removable disk cartridges.
- Content Addressable Storage (CAS) – ensures the immutability of the data.
- Built-in system security – ensures only authenticated access to the system and files.
- Copies of files can be exported from Storageflex InfiniVault to standard RDX cartridges.
- RDX cartridges are rated at over 30 years shelf life to Ecma 379 Standards.
Storageflex InfiniVault includes three components – network disk, removable RDX® disks and a data preservation operating system. The network disk enables the storage to be addressed like any NAS device. The removable disks are virtualized behind the network disk and allow an infinite amount of storage to appear online to applications. This also allows infrequently accessed (static) data to be removed so no power is used to maintain the data until it needs to be accessed. Additional copies of the data can be made for offsite storage, eliminating the need to backup the data to tape. The data preservation operating system simplifies the management of data by eliminating the need to maintain tiers of storage and by automating the retention and preservation of the data for any length of time. The Storageflex InfiniVault data preservation operating system can also de-duplicate, index, compress, encrypt, single instance, verify, maintain immutability, track access, delete, and shred data.