Businesses rely on data every day and how this data is stored is of critical importance. Data has to be accessible at all times, but it also needs to be fast enough to keep up with the speed of modern business. Today, Thecus® is proud to launch its latest 2U rackmount NAS device – the N8800PRO. With outstanding performance, rock-solid stability, and complete flexibility, the N8800PRO sets a new standard in enterprise storage.
To enable businesses to access their data as quickly as possible, the N8800PRO features a multitude of performance enhancements. Powering the N8800PRO is an Intel® Core 2 Duo processor coupled with a full 4GB of DDR2 800 memory for lightning-quick system response and increased concurrent connections. All of this technology allows the N8800PRO to achieve data transfer speeds of over 300MB/s! And to ensure compatibility with future technologies, the N8800PRO even comes with an internal PCI-e slot. which enables users to install a 10Gbit PCI-e NIC for greatly increased throughput. In terms of storage, the N8800PRO comes equipped with eight 3.5” SATA hard disk bays for a maximum of 16TB of storage. System admins that require more storage can actually attach up to five different N8800PROs to it and manage them all using one master device using the stackable feature, or use the N8800PRO with iSCSI initiators. The N8800PRO even supports iSCSI thin provisioning! Expandable and flexible, the N8800PRO can grow along with your business.
Of course, data security and reliability is the other half of the equation, and the N8800PRO has your business covered. First off, users can multiple RAID modes on the same unit, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD, to match the most suitable usage model. Online RAID expansion and migration have all been included, and for maximum uptime, the N8800PRO also features a Dual DOM™ design that features a secondary DOM, which automatically reprograms the primary DOM should any malfunction occur. The N8800PRO also has a redundant power supply and is compatible with UPS units to ensure that businesses can access their data at all times. The N8800PRO easily integrates into virtually any corporate network with multiple file system support (Ext3, XFS, and ZFS), multiple operating system support (Windows, Mac, and Linux), and even multiple languages. With the popularity of VMware, virtualization technology is now widely used in the IT world. Thecus is now the member of Technology Alliance Partner (TAP).
- Breakthrough Performance
The N8800PRO offers unprecedented data performance, reaching speeds of over 300MB/s. Why wait around for file transfers to complete? With the N8800PRO, users no longer have to.
- Superior Specs
Powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and featuring 4GB of high-speed DDR2 memory, the N8800PRO is the most powerful NAS unit on the market. Enjoy instantaneous system response and increased concurrent connections with the N8800PRO.
- Ready For the Future
Future technologies are around the corner, and the N8800PRO is ready. With its PCI-e slot, the N8800PRO can accommodate a number of emerging technologies. Add a 10Gb Ethernet adaptor and experience the lightning-fast file transfers. With PCI-e expansion, the N8800PRO is ready for whatever may come. 10 GbE NIC Compatibility List
- Unique Dual DOM™ Design
In business, having access to mission-critical data at all times is crucial. The N8800PRO is equipped with a dual Disk On Module (DOM) design to ensure flawless operation and maximum uptime.
- Incredibly Expandable and Adaptable
The N8800PRO offers excellent storage expansion possibilities with its stackable feature. Simply connect up to five N8800PROs together and conveniently control them all using a single unit. You will also be pleased to hear that the N8800PRO is also compatible with iSCSI initiators for blazing transfer speeds.
- Maximum Flexibility and Expansion
Aside from being iSCSI ready, the N8800PRO offers unmatched flexibility. Support for multiple file systems including Ext3, XFS and ZFS, as well as online RAID migration and expansion, means that the N8800PRO’s data protection and capacity are upgradable and can be integrated into virtually any company network with ease. Users can add larger hard disks to available slots and join an existing RAID volume. The N8800PRO will automatically rebuild the RAID array and increase storage capacity.
- Handy Snapshot Feature for Version Control
The N8800PRO is capable version control via a snapshot function with the ZFS file system, allowing users to efficiently create and restore remote backups. For users, the result is total data security and peace of mind.
- Built-in Devices: Status LCD
- Device Type: NAS server
- Enclosure Type: Rack-mountable - 2U
- Host Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet
- Installed Devices / Modules Qty: 8 (max)
- Max Supported Capacity: 8 TB
- Expansion Bays Total (Free): 8 ( 8 ) x hot-swap - 3.5"
- Expansion Slots Total (Free): 2 PCI Express x1
- Interfaces: 2 x Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45 ¦ 1 x eSATA-300 - 7 pin external Serial ATA ¦ 4 x USB - 4 pin USB Type A ¦ 1 x serial RS-232 ( management ) - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9)
- Hard Drive Type: Hot-swap - 3.5"
- Networking Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.3ad (LACP)
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Features: Wake on LAN (WOL), auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X)
- Network / Transport Protocol: TCP/IP, AppleTalk
- Network Services Compatibility: Microsoft CIFS, Network File System (NFS), FTP, Server Message Block (SMB), Apple File Protocol (AFP), HTTP, HTTPS
- Remote Management Protocol: HTTP
- Type: Network adapter
- Power Device: Power supply - internal
- Power Redundancy: Yes
- Processors Installed: Intel Celeron
- RAM Installed: DRAM 1 GB
- OS Required: UNIX, Linux, Apple MacOS X / MacOS 9, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Vista / 2000 / XP
- Controller Interface Type: Serial ATA-300
- Max Storage Devices Qty: 8
- RAID Level: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, JBOD
- Supported Devices: Disk array (RAID)
- Type: RAID