PLUGABLE 7 USB 3.0 CHARGE HUB Product Details
USB 3.0 7-PORT CHARGING HUB WITH 60W POWER ADAPTER
- 7-port USB 3.0 self powered hub and BC 1.2 fast charger with robust 60W (12V, 5A) UL certified power adapter (US/UK/EU AC wall outlet plug options, 100-240V 50/60Hz)
- Compatible with most Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X, Linux (kernels 3.0 and later), and Unix systems
- Fully plug and play, no drivers required (individual devices / USB 3.0 host controller may require drivers), devices can be hot-plugged
- Features two VIA VL811+ hub chipsets with the latest v9095 firmware for maximum compatibility and performance with most USB 3.0 host controllers along with BC1.2 smart charging on every port. This firmware also allows the hub to be a stand-alone (not connected to host computer) smart USB charger able to select the best charging mechanism for the attached device.
- Professional matte black finish with all 7 ports on one side to minimize cable clutter and maximize accessibility
- USB over-current protection supporting up to 900mA per port (up to 1.5A for BC 1.2 devices)
- Supports USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer rates up to 5Gbps (640MBps – transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent)
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed devices (rates up to 480Mbps), and USB 1.1 Full/Low Speed devices (rates 12/1.5 Mbps)
Expand USB connectivity by connecting up to seven USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable desktop, laptop, or tablet computer. The hub supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps (640MBps) to allow data to move quickly between devices, ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters.
USB has become more than a way of connecting devices to a computer with plug and play ease and high performance, it has also become the method of choice to power and charge a range of battery-powered devices from headsets and controllers to phones and tablets. Some of those mobile devices have adopted proprietary mechanisms to draw more power than USB 3.0 was designed to allow, which has caused confusion about charging.
That is being solved by the Battery Charging (BC 1.2) Standard – when both the device and the hub/charger are BC Standard compliant, it can charge at a faster rate (up to 1.5A) in a standard way.
The Plugable USB3-HUB7BC is among the first of USB 3.0 hubs that does everything existing USB hubs do, plus has support for the Battery Charging Standard (BC 1.2). So it’s a no-compromise solution for both gaining extra USB ports and for charging the newer generation of BC 1.2 compliant devices. Both charge and sync (CDP) and dedicated charging (DCP) are supported along with support for other proprietary charging signals when being used as a stand-alone charger if the phone or tablet also supports these modes.
Manufactured by: Plugable
Warranty provided by: Plugable
UPC No: 8199270107150
Mfg Part No: USB3-HUB7BC
( Length:0, Width:0, Depth:0)
Shipping Weight: 1.3500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Plugable logos are registered trademarks of Plugable. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.