AMD Phenom X3 8750 Processor HD8750WCGHBOX - 2.40GHz, 3.5MB Cache, 1800MHz (3600 MT/s) FSB, Toliman, Triple-Core, Retail, Socket AM2+, Processor with FanItem#: CP1-AM2-8750 | Model#: HD8750WCGHBOX
- Retail Store:
- Check Store availability
AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.40GHz Retail Product Details
Phenom X3 8750 Processor HD8750WCGHBOX
Ready for a performance boost over single and dual-core processors? AMD Phenom™ X3 triple-core processors offer three processing cores on a single chip, plus cutting-edge features and capabilities for next-generation applications. AMD Phenom™ X3 8000 series triple-core processors, providing gamers and digital media enthusiasts with exceptional performance at mainstream low prices. AMD Phenom X3 processors are designed to improve multi-threaded application performance over dual-core processors at the same clock speed. As the world’s only triple-core x86 processor, AMD Phenom X3 processors bring multi-core technology to a broader audience in search of desktop PCs that easily handle today’s digital entertainment workloads.
What It Is & Why You Need It!
- Up to 20% more performance on highly threaded applications with AMD Phenom™ X4 9000 series over AMD Phenom™ X3 8000 series triple core processors
- Up to 30% improvement on highly threaded applications over AMD Athlon™
X2 dual core processors at same frequency
When paired with the AMD 780 series chipset, AMD Phenom X3 processors can deliver significant enhancements in gaming and high-definition experiences for mainstream PC customers. This AMD desktop solution can provide a full HD experience with support for the latest and most demanding formats, including VC-1, MPEG-2 and H.264 on a mainstream PC. With the AMD Unified Video Decoder (UVD), the solution can process HD playback on the better-suited GPU rather than the CPU so consumers may enjoy a smooth HD viewing experience—less lag, stalling and dropped scenes—in the latest Blu-ray titles.
Do more than dual-core. AMD Phenom X3 8750 processors can improve performance over dual-core processors on single-threaded applications and can scale with the same applications that scale with quad-core. AMD Phenom triple-core processors can also increase performance for multitasking usage models and multi-threaded applications, aligned with similar benefits available with AMD Phenom X4 quad-core processors. Get added performance for multitasking, HD entertainment, content creation, and gaming applications.
- True Multi-core processing enables better multitasking so users can run more applications and do more in less time.
- Direct Connect Architecture delivers leading-edge PC system performance.
- Integrated dual-channel DDR2 memory controller with up to DDR2-1066 support allows dramatic application performance improvements with greater system leading throughput and lower latency so users can get a better PC experience.
- HyperTransport 3.0 Technology provides incredible system agility for improved 3D graphics performance.
- AMD Balanced Smart Cache supports a better multi-tasking and multi-threaded experience.
- AMD Wide Floating point Accelerator to improve digital media and 3D gaming experience.
- AMD Memory Optimizer Technology helps improve performance of multi-threaded software.
- AMD Digital Media Xpress 2.0 delivers sharper and more life-like 3D graphics.
- AMD Virtualization with Rapid Virtualization indexing helps virtualization software to run more securely and efficiently.
- Cool -n- Quiet 2.0 technology enables cooler and quieter platform designs by providing extremely efficient performance.
|Processor Interface||Socket AM2+|
|Processor Class||Phenom X3|
|Processor Speed||X3 8750 / 2.40GHz|
|Cache Size||3.5MB L2 + L3|
|Bus Speed||1800MHz (3600 MT/s)|
|Additional Technologies||Enhanced 3DNow!|
Have an opinion on this product that you would like to share? If, so please take a few moments to write your rating and review.Write your own review
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 2 of 2
- Dec 09, 2008
BE CAREFUL! Pros: Runs great... when it's not crashing. Cons: This processor has a compatibility bug with Vista 64 bit. For some reason, all current Phenoms (except the 9550) have memory/cache conflicts. These cause Blue Screens of Death (BSoD). This can also occur under Vista 32, but only under extreme conditions. I paired this CPU with Vista 64 and now it seems like I can't go ten seconds without a crash. If you want to move foreward and use 64 bit, buy an Athlon X2. If you want to stick with classic 32 bit technology, you can get a Phenom. You could also wait until February when the 'fixed' phenoms come out.
- Dec 05, 2008
theres is no if and or maybes this cpu works great.just buy it!!!!
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 2 of 2
Warranty provided by: AMD
Limited Warranty: 36 months parts; 36 months labor
Mfg Part No: HD8750WCGHBOX
UPC No: 730143264051
Box Size: ( Length: 6, Width: 3, Depth: 5 )
Shipping Weight: 0.8000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: CP1-AM2-8750
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- AMD logos are registered trademarks of AMD. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.