@promt Professional 8.0 is the ideal translation software for everyday business needs, efficiently and effectively handling documents, web pages and the text content of PDF files. A broad range of translation customization options allows fine tuning of translation results, and extensive integration options enable you to translate from within your favorite applications.
The new Microsoft Office 2007-style interface lets you enter new words into user dictionaries with a single click. @promt Professional 8.0 also enables you to create dictionaries automatically, optionally make use of the internal Translation Memory system, and supports Mozilla Firefox and OpenOffice to deliver optimum ease of use.
The extended integration and customization capabilities make @promt Professional 8.0 a everyday communication tool. Supports translation from English to/from French, German, Russian, Portuguese (including Brazilian Portuguese), Spanish (including Latin American Spanish) and from Italian to English languages.
- Convenient translation and editing environment Translate text quickly and accurately with just a single click. For ease of editing, source and target texts are synchronized at an individual word level and translation variants are displayed for words with multiple meanings.
- Tune translation options to meet your requirements Professional translation customization options enable translation settings to be adjusted for a single document or a group of documents on the same topic.
- Seamless multilingual web browsing Translate websites in real time into your native language using Microsoft Internet Explorer® or Mozilla Firefox ®.
- Translate right inside your favorite Microsoft Office applications Full-featured translation options are integrated into Microsoft Office® 2000/XP/2003/2007 applications (Word®, Outlook®, Excel®, PowerPoint® and FrontPage®).
- Save time by avoiding repeat translations Once you are happy with the translation of a particular text block, use the Translation Memory module to store and re-use it whenever the same source text appears.
- Improved dictionary creation Automatically convert a list of words and their translations from Excel into PROMT user dictionary format. To add individual words, a simple mode is available to speed the process.
- Translate documents in DOC, RTF, HTML, XML, and TXT, e-mails, and web pages, preserving the original layout
- Synchronous translation as you type in a convenient two-window display
- Clipboard translation in any Windows application
- Translation Memory technology allows reuse of previous translations
- Batch File Translation mode allows ‘hands-free’ scheduled translation of multiple files without user interaction.
- Translation of ICQ messages and text content of PDF files
- Electronic Dictionary as a standalone application
- Translation of XML files
- Full-featured plug-ins for Microsoft Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 (including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and FrontPage)
- XML file translation using Microsoft Word plug-in or standalone application
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 5.x -7.x and Mozilla Firefox 1.5/2.0
- Adobe Acrobat 5.0-8.0
- ICQ PRO 2003/ICQ 5
- OpenOffice 2.x
- Real-time translation of web pages directly online in Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x-7.x or Mozilla Firefox 1.5/2.0
- Translation of search queries linked to most popular search engines.
- Create and edit personal dictionaries for custom translation of words and phrases.
- Specify translation rules for preserved and unknown words in source documents.
- Reserve words that do not need to be translated
- Choose between alternative translations for selected entries.
- Attach specialized dictionaries and arrange them by priority according to the topic of the translated text
- Attach Translation Memory databases to further improve the quality of translation.
- Save custom translation settings in topic templates for re-use with similar documents in the future.
- Back-up personal customization settings.
- Text-To-Speech (TTS) support.
- Automatically convert existing user glossaries into @promt user dictionaries
- Inclusion of specialized dictionaries – specific topics available vary according to language pair selected.
- Stand-alone dictionary application makes it easy to translate a single word or phrase.
- Extensive external application support, including scanners, spell-checkers, and third-party dictionaries
- Complete user's guide.
What’s new in @promt Professional 8.0
- New and more intuitive Microsoft Office 2007-style interface
- New translation engine
- New specialized dictionaries for multiple language pairs
- Support for Mozilla Firefox 1.5/2.0
- Integration with ICQ PRO 2003/ICQ 5
- Optional automatic dictionary creation
- Translation Memory System