The Native Instruments Tutorial Line continues with the KONTAKT 2 Tutorial DVD. The award-wining sampler is subjected to a step-by-step explanation that covers all the features included in this hugely powerful application. Interviews with Hollywood film composer Harry Gregson-Williams and the producer of Nine Inch Nails and Korn, Atticus Ross, make for interesting viewing. A chat with its designers shed light on the thinking and philosophy behind its architecture. Bonus material help further illustrate the tutorial.
KONTAKT 2 brings you tomorrow's sampling technology today. Convolution effects, the revolutionary KONTAKT Script Processor and 16 channel surround sound are just a few of its comprehensive range of features. The high degree of flexibility delivered by the open, modular architecture guarantee it is the 1st choice of professionals working in all manner of audio disciplines.
This tutorial offers a particularly accessible and hands-on opportunity to learn the ins and outs of KONTAKT 2, some insider tricks and advanced techniques. This DVD is an absolute necessity for anyone interested in all things KONTAKT.
The DVD presents some easy-to-follow steps that help explain this fascinating tool and demystifies some of the more advanced features. It imparts a very solid working knowledge of this versatile sampler and offers a deeper understanding of this unique application’s true potential. The tutorial is broken down into chapters, allowing the viewer to stop, skip, jump from feature to feature or restart the chapters, as desired. For added convenience the chapters have also been divided into segments letting viewers skip through the various stages of a chapter. Have KONTAKT running at the same time and try out what has just been demonstrated.
Additional presets specially designed for the purposes of this tutorial are also included. The KONTAKT 2 Tutorial DVD reveals the immense potential within KONTAKT – a must-have for experts and beginners alike.
Regardless of your level of expertise, this DVD imparts a deep understanding of a highly sophisticated sampler, reveals a few tricks and, most importantly, will inspire your musical creativity.
- Over 6 hours of detailed KONTAKT 2 tutorials
- Interview with Atticus Ross, producer for Nine Inch Nails and Korn
- Interview Hollywood film composer Harry Gregson-Williams
- Interview with KONTAKT 2's designers
- Specially designed tutorial presets
- Various sound examples help illustrate the lessons
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to the KONTAKT 2 user interface
- Building Instruments using mapping, loops, filters, fx, modulation
- Using Multis and creating performance sets
- Mapping and Groups in detail
- The KONTAKT Script Processor and Library
- Modulation features
- Sampler Modes: Beat Slicer, Time and Tone Machines
- Advanced features such as convolution, surround, sequencer integration, sample purge, smaple import etc.
- Extras: Interviews