Canon imageCLASS MF3240 Mono Laser Printer Product Details
Canon imageCLASS MF3240 MultiFunction Mono Laser Printer
The imageCLASS MF3240 is a professional solution for growing businesses. It combines a scanner, fax, digital copier and a laser printer in one flatbed design, making it ideal for the home office. The MF3240 offers a generous combination of features in a convenient all-in-one design, making it a popular choice for offices seeking to automate their operations and increase their productivity.
Designed to deliver affordable black-and-white printing, copying, color scanning, and high-speed fax capabilities to the small and home office (SOHO) market. This new model provides true business functionality and performance in a sleek, small footprint device that fits easily into almost any office or workspace. With this machine, Canon has sought to provide a single device that performs all essential business functions - print, fax, copy, and scan - while occupying only a small footprint in the work area. The imageCLASS MF3240 incorporates the same great print quality and business functionality typically found within higher-end models and delivers it affordably.
With print speeds of up to 21 pages per minute for letter-sized sheets, the new Canon imageCLASS MF3240 provides monochrome print quality up to 1200 x 600 dpi. The device also accepts paper stock up to 8.5"x14" (legal) and features a 250-sheet, front-loading paper cassette with a manual tray for envelopes and other various paper sizes. The device uses USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interfaceii for high-speed connectivity for printing, scanning, and pc faxing. Shared printing through a network is also available with an optional print server.
The device also incorporates Canon's Single Cartridge System, which combines the toner and imaging drum into a single unit for quick, easy replacement and provides for consumers to purchase and stock only one consumable - compared to competitive models where toner and drum are separate. For added value, a full-yield toner cartridge is included and yields up to 2,500 pages at five percent coverage.
The device also incorporates a strong list of fax features, including eight one-touch speed dial numbers, 100 coded speed dial numbers, 256-page fax reception memory capacity, sequential broadcasting and activity reports make the new imageCLASS MF3240 an ideal solution for the small office professional requiring comprehensive faxing applications in a compact desktop product. Productivity for the imageCLASS MF3240 is enhanced with color scanning and software. Accepting originals up to 8.5"x11.7" on the platen glass, hardcopy documents can be transferred into editable text on the PC using ScanSoft® OmniPage® SE Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software, or filed systematically with NewSoft® Presto! PageManager® which are both included. Scanning is achieved with optical resolution of 600 dpi, and an enhanced resolution of 9600 dpi. Color depth of up to 24-bit internal/24-bit output to help ensure scans are faithful to original documents. Here you'll have all the essential printing, copying, faxing and scanning tools that a business needs, in one compact design.
A Laser Printer
- Up to 20 pages per minute (ppm)
- 600 x 600 dpi laser print resolution (enhanced to 1200 x 600 dpi by smoothing technology).
- 32MB Memory
- Optional network card for office sharing
- 250-sheet paper cassette plus 10-sheet multi stack by pass tray.
- High speed USB 2.0 interface
- Optional network printing (using optional C6200U network adapter)
- X25 Full yield cartridge included
A Digital Copier
- 20 copies per minute (cpm), makes up to 99 copies at a time
- Reduction/enlargement ranges of 50% to 200%; Electronic collating; reserve copy, auto background control
- Flatbed design providing support for copying books or other large information materials
- Three copy modes: Text, Photo, Text/Photo for crisp quality output.
- Electronic collating and 2-on-1 copy feature to fit two originals onto one A4 page
- Laser copy quality (20 cpm, 600 x 600 dpi)
- Toner saver and energy saver modes
- Up to 600 x 1200 dpi scanning resolution for sharp images
- CCD scanning at 1200 x 2400 dpi
- 24 bit colour scanning enables important documents or images to be stored electronically without alteration or distortion from original print.
- Super G3 33.6kbps transmits at approximately 3 seconds per page
- 256 page memory
- Print Resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi; 1200 x 600 dpi quality
- Paper Weights: 17 to 34 lbs.
- Output Tray Capacity: 250-sheet cassette, manual tray
- Mono Copy Resolution: 600 x 600 dpi, 1200 x 600 dpi quality
- Copy Speed: Up to 21 cpm (letter)
- Zoom: 50%-200% in 1% increments
- Reductions Enlargement: 50%, 64%, 78% / 129%, 200%
- Copy Feature: Memory, Toner Save, 2 on 1
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Scanner Element: Color Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions
- Optical: 600 x 600 dpi
- Interpolated: 9600 x9600 dpi
- Max. Document Size: Up to 8.5" x 11.7" inches
- Interface: TWAIN, WIA
- Transmission Reception Memory: Up to 256 pages
- Fax Resolution: Up to 203 x 391 dpi
- Speed Dialing: 8 one -touch speed dials / 100 coded dials
- Receive Options: Fax Only Manual, Answering, DRPD, Fax/Tel Auto Switch
- Fax Features: Remote RX, Dual Access
- OS Compatibility: Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP
- Software Included: Canon drivers for Windows®, OmniPage® SE (OCR), NewSoft® Presto! PageManager
- Weight: 24.7 lbs. with Cartridge / 26.4 lbs. without Cartridge
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
- Canon imageCLASS MF3200 Series MultiFunction Mono Laser Printer Advanced-Guide
- Canon imageCLASS MF3200 Series MultiFunction Mono Laser Printer Basic-Guide
- Canon imageCLASS MF3200 Series MultiFunction Mono Laser Printer Software-Guide
- Canon imageCLASS MF3200 Series MultiFunction Mono Laser Printer Starter-Guide
- Technology Guide: Choosing The Right Printer
- Technology Guide: Print Media & Paper
- Technology Guide: Printer Cartridge Yields
- Technology Guide: Printer Safety
- Technology Ideas: How To Print CD/DVD Labels
- Technology Ideas: Personal Printing Projects
- Technology Introduction: How Scanners Work
- Technology Introduction: Wireless Printers for the Home and Small Office
Manufactured by: Canon
Warranty provided by: Canon
UPC No: 013803059915
Mfg Part No: 0989B001
( Length:22, Width:20, Depth:21)
Shipping Weight: 34.2000 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 42pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Canon logos are registered trademarks of Canon. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.