Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Thermal Compound Product Details
Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Thermal Compound
Introducing Arctic Silver 5 With its unique high-density filling of micronized silver and enhanced thermally conductive ceramic particles, Arctic Silver 5 provides a new level of performance and stability. Now available at Arctic Silver dealers worldwide, Arctic Silver 5 is definitely The New Reference.
Arctic Silver 5 is optimized for use between modern high-power CPUs and high performance heatsinks or water-cooling solutions.
- Size: 3.5g
- Thermal Conductance: >350,000W/m2 °C (0.001 inch layer)
- Thermal Resistance: <0.0045°C-in2/Watt (0.001 inch layer)
- Average Particle Size: <0.49 microns <0.000020 inch
- Extended Temperature Limits:
- Peak: –50°C to >180°C
- Long-Term: –50°C to 130°C
- Performance: 3-12° lower than standard thermal compounds
- Contains 99.9% pure silver - Arctic Silver 5 uses three unique shapes and sizes of pure silver particles to maximize particle-to-particle contact area and thermal transfer.
- High-Density - Arctic Silver 5 contains over 88% thermally Conductive filler by weight. In addition to micronized silver, Arctic Silver 5 also contains sub-micron zinc oxide, aluminum oxide and boron nitride particles. These thermally-enhanced ceramic particles improve the compound's performance and long-term stability.
- Controlled Triple-Phase Viscosity - Arctic Silver 5 does not contain any silicone. The suspension fluid is a proprietary mixture of advanced polysynthetic oils that work together to provide three distinctive functional phases. As it comes from the tube, Arctic Silver 5's consistency is engineered for easy application. During the CPU's initial use, the compound thins out to enhance the filling of the microscopic valleys and ensure the best physical contact between the heatsink and the CPU core. Then the compound thickens slightly over the next 50 to 200 hours of use to its final consistency designed for long-term stability. (This should not be confused with conventional phase change pads that are pre-attached to many heatsinks. Those pads melt each time they get hot then re-solidify when they cool. The viscosity changes that Arctic Silver 5 goes through are much more subtle and ultimately much more effective.)
- Not Electrically Conductive - Arctic Silver 5 was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity. (While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper greases, Arctic Silver 5 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. While it is not electrically conductive, the compound is very slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridges two close-proximity electrical paths.)
- Absolute Stability - Arctic Silver 5 will not separate, run, migrate, or bleed.
- Compliancy - RoHS Compliant.
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
Manufactured by: Arctic Silver
Warranty provided by: Arctic Silver
UPC No: 0832199001014
Mfg Part No: AS5-3.5G
( Length:3, Width:1, Depth:1)
Shipping Weight: 0.1500 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 1pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Arctic Silver logos are registered trademarks of Arctic Silver. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.