Insteon Remote Control Dimmer Product Details
This high-tech yet easy to use Smarthome 2477D SwitchLinc Insteon Remote Control Dimmer takes your home into the future by giving you the ability to set the speed at which the light fades On and Off, a preset on-level for always remembering your favorite brightness level and best of all being able to remotely control this dimmer from a handheld remote, wall keypad, computer or mobile phone (controllers are sold separately). With high-end quality, at-a-glance LED status and remote controllability, you'll see how easy it is to create your own home of the future. With its Dual Band INSTEON technology, it has the ability to communicate using both the electrical wires in the home as well as using radio frequency (RF). This increases reliability not only for the dimmer but for all devices on an INSTEON home control network (similar to the function of an Access Point). Buy the Insteon Remote Control Dimmer today!
What It Is and Why You Need It:
- Remote controllability; lets you control the dimmer remotely from anywhere
- LED status; provides status information about the current state of your dimmer light
- Dual-band INSTEON technology; delivers the fastest and most reliable performance
- SwitchLinc - INSTEON Remote Control Dimmer (Dual-Band), White
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 mounting screws
- 4 wire nuts
- White paddle included
A Closer Look
- On-Levels : 32 locally, increments of 1% with software
- Ramp Rates (full-ON to full-OFF) : 0.125 to 9 seconds if programmed locally, 0.125 seconds to 8 minutes if programmed remotely
- LED Indicator : 9 White LEDs, Optional Green, Blue, Amber, or Red with #2400L kit
- Operation Modes : INSTEON only, X10 only, INSTEON and X10 Combo Mode
- Combo Mode Message Order : INSTEON, INSTEON cleanup, X10
- Multi-Way Circuit Support : One SwitchLinc Dimmer controls load, Cross-Link any number of SwitchLinc Dimmers or other INSTEON Controllers
- Setup Memory : Non-volatile EEPROM
- INSTEON Addresses : 1 hard-coded out of 16,777,216 possible
- INSTEON Links : 417
- INSTEON Powerline Frequency : 131.65 KHz
- INSTEON Minimum Transmit Level : 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- INSTEON Minimum Receive Level : 10 mV
- INSTEON Messages Repeated : Yes
- Radio Frequency : 915 MHz
- Paddle Type : True rocker action
- Wire Nuts : 4 included
- Mounting : Mounts in single or multiple-ganged junction box. Control 200 W less load for each immediately adjacent SwitchLinc Dimmer installed. For example, 600 W load control becomes 400 W with another dimmer to the immediate right or left. Use a triple-gang box with a mechanical switch in the center to avoid de-rating.
- Operating Conditions : Indoors, 40 to 104° F, up to 85% relative humidity
- Dimensions : 4.1" H x 1.8" W x 1.2" D
- Weight : 3.6 oz
- Supply Voltage : 120 Volts AC +/- 10%, 60 Hertz, single phase
- Neutral Wire : Required
- Power Wire Leads : 6", 16 AWG, stranded,600V, 105°C insulation, ends stripped and tinned, LINE (black), LOAD (red), NEUTRAL (white)
- Maximum Amps : 5 amps
- Ground Lead : 6", 18 AWG, stranded, bare copper
- Load Types : Wired-in incandescent lighting devices
- Maximum Load : 600 Watts (uses 12-Amp triac dimmer)
- Power Consumption : 0.59 Watts
- Certification : Safety tested for use in USA and Canada (ETL #3017581)
- X10 Primary Address : 1 optional (comes unassigned)
- X10 Scene Address : 255 possible
- X10 Status Response : Supported
- X10 Resume Dim : Supported (by setting Local On-Level to zero)
- X10 Powerline Frequency : 120 KHz
- X10 Minimum Transmit Level : 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- X10 Minimum Receive Level : 20mV into 5 Ohms
- X10 Messages Repeated : No
Similar dimmers are up to 50 percent deeper than the SwitchLinc Dimmer. Thanks to its slim design, it makes installation easy even in small junction boxes.
Beautiful, High-Quality Construction
Unlike other switches, the SwitchLinc Dimmer offers the natural feel of high-end dimmers. You'll love the crisp, tactile response with each touch instead of the mushy feeling of other brands. The SwitchLinc Dimmer is designed and manufactured to high-end specifications and goes through over 10 quality control tests before arriving at your doorstep. This modern Decora-style switch will blend with any room's design. Additional colors are available and sold separately. Choose the color that best suits your room's decor: Ivory, Light Almond, Almond, Black, Brown, or Gray. Don't forget to order a matching wallplates.
Scenes allow you to control multiple lights, rooms or even the whole home with a single command. Because the SwitchLinc Dimmer can be a member of more than 400 scenes (i.e. "Movie Time," "Party," "Romance," etc.), you'll be able to launch various lighting scenarios with a single button press. These are elegant features usually found only in systems costing tens of thousands of dollars and requiring extensive rewiring of your home. All member lights can ramp to your independently desired brightness levels at your chosen ramp rate(s). So one set of lights can dim slowly, while another set turns off instantly, all controlled with one command from one button. If you want to control multiple scenes from one controller, we recommend the INSTEON KeypadLinc Dimmer.
The SwitchLinc Dimmer is fully INSTEON compatible and X10 ready. Homeowners with existing X10 networks can easily migrate to an INSTEON network without having to discard all their existing X10 devices. X10 ready means that it can respond to an X10 power line command from an X10 controller. Please note that INSTEON devices repeat INSTEON signals but not X10.
All SwitchLinc Dimmer settings are stored in non-volatile memory and are not lost during power failures. Additionally, in the event of a power loss, the SwitchLinc Dimmer will return to its last brightness level when power is restored.
Manufactured by: Insteon
Warranty provided by: Insteon
Limited Warranty: 24 months parts; 24 months labor
Mfg Part No: 2477D
UPC No: 689076401746
Box Size: ( Length:12, Width:9, Depth:3)
Shipping Weight: 1.2500 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 2pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: S56-1142
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Insteon logos are registered trademarks of Insteon. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.