See more products
Smarthome Insteon ToggleLinc Relay Switch Product Details
Smarthome 2466SI Insteon ToggleLinc Relay Control Switch
The Smarthome 2466SI Insteon ToggleLinc Relay Control Switch functions as an on/off switch and allows you to include fluorescent or non-dimmable lights, fans, and other appliances in your INSTEON home control network. How many times have you jumped into bed and forgotten to turn the lights off? With the Smarthome 2466SI Insteon ToggleLinc Relay Control Switch ability, you can have the convenience of adding a INSTEON remote controller to turn off your lights after you get into bed. Never come home to a dark house again with the Smarthome 2466SI Insteon ToggleLinc Relay Control Switch!
What It Is and Why You Need It:
- Controls lights and appliances remotely, turning them on and off
- Can control a 480-watt incandescent load or 15A resistive load
- Controls fluorescent lights, electronic ballasts, halogen lamps and low-voltage lighting transformers
- Incorporates a light or appliance into multiple lighting design scenes in minutes
- Easy-to-install switch uses INSTEON technology for superior performance and reliability
A Closer Look
- LED Indicator : Off when load is on and vice versa
- Operation Modes : INSTEON only, X10 only, INSTEON and X10 Combo Mode
- Combo Mode Message Order : INSTEON, X10, INSTEON cleanup
- Multi-Way Circuit Support : One ToggleLinc Dimmer controls load, Cross-Link any number of ToggleLinc Relays or other INSTEON Controllers
- Setup Memory : Non-volatile EEPROM
- INSTEON Addresses : 1 hard-coded out of 16,777,216 possible
- INSTEON Links : 417
- INSTEON Powerline Frequency : 131.65 KHz
- INSTEON Minimum Transmit Level : 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- INSTEON Minimum Receive Level : 10 mV
- INSTEON Messages Repeated : Yes
- Paddle Type : Toggle
- Wire Nuts : 3 included
- Mounting : Mounts in single or multiple-ganged junction box.
- Operating Conditions : Indoors, 0° to 104°F, up to 85% relative humidity
- Dimensions : 1.73"w x 4.14"h x 1.73"d (front bracket) 1.74"w x 2.71"h x 1.40"d (main body)
- Weight : 3.6 oz
- Supply Voltage : 120 Volts AC +/- 10%, 60 Hertz, single phase
- Power Wire Leads : 6", 16 AWG, stranded, 600V, 105°C insulation, ends stripped and tinned, LINE (black), LOAD (red), NEUTRAL (white)
- Ground Lead : 6", 18 AWG, stranded, bare copper
- Load Types : Wired-in incandescent lighting and inductive loads
- Maximum Load : 15 Amps; 480 Watts (for incandescent loads)
- Power Consumption : 0.67 Watts
- Certification : Safety tested for use in USA and Canada (ETL #3017581)
- X10 Primary Address : 1 optional (comes unassigned)
- X10 Scene Addresses : 255 possible
- X10 Controllable Addresses : 1 same address as primary address
- X10 Status Response : Supported
- X10 Powerline Frequency : 120 KHz
- X10 Minimum Transmit Level : 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- X10 Minimum Receive Level : 10 mVpp nominal
- X10 Messages Repeated : No
Easy To Install
The INSTEON ToggleLinc Relay is so easy to install and set up and yet so affordable, you'll want to replace all your switches with ToggleLincs. Just remove the old switch, reattach the existing line, load, ground, and neutral wires using the included wire nuts, and you're done.
Beautiful, High-Quality Construction
Unlike other switches, the INSTEON ToggleLinc Relay offers the natural feel of high-end dimmers. The ToggleLinc is designed and manufactured to high-end specifications and goes through over 10 quality-control tests before arriving at your doorstep. The white status LED indicates the current status of the device being controlled. When the ToggleLinc Relay is turned off, the white LED illuminates to help with finding the switch in the dark. Don't forget to order a matching wall plate.
Built with a Quieter Relay
Because the ToggleLinc Relay is built with a much quieter relay than most remote-control ON/OFF switches, it has a click that's more than 80 percent quieter than traditional relay switches. This allows you to control lights and other non-dimmable devices remotely without waking up the baby, annoying other family members, or sending your cat fleeing across the room. The click of the ToggleLinc's internal relay is barely audible.
Generates Less Heat
Unlike triac-based dimmers, INSTEON ToggleLinc Relay uses a hard-contact relay to control the load. Other switches may use a semiconductor that absorbs about two volts of power and dissipates the heat through the front of the switch. By using a relay, the switch runs cooler and full voltage gets to the load.
Create Multi-Way Circuits
The ToggleLinc Relay allows you to customize your lighting setup no matter how your house is wired, even if the original switches were never wired for multi-way control. It's simple to create a 3-, 4-, or 5-way circuit. First replace all of the existing switches you want to include in the circuit with ToggleLinc Relays. The main relay must be connected to the standard wires: load, line, neutral, and ground. The secondary relays only need to be connected to line, neutral, and ground. No traveler wires are needed, so it is easy to place one of the relays wherever you need it. Cross-linking all of the companion relays to the master relay is the last step in the process. The end result is a flexible, fully functional multi-way circuit.
Scenes allow you to control multiple lights, rooms or even the whole home with a single command. Because the ToggleLinc can be a member of more than 400 scenes (i.e. "Movie Time," "Party," "Romance," etc.), you'll be able to launch various lighting scenarios with a single button press. These are elegant features usually found only in systems costing tens of thousands of dollars and requiring extensive rewiring of your home. The relays can blend seamlessly in a scene with ToggleLinc Dimmers. So one set of lights connected to an INSTEON ToggleLinc Dimmer can slowly dim, while another set connected to the ToggleLinc Relay turns off instantly, all controlled with one command from one button. If you want to control multiple scenes from one controller, upgrade to the INSTEON KeypadLinc Dimmer.
The INSTEON ToggleLinc Relay is fully INSTEON compatible and X10 ready. Homeowners with existing X10 networks can easily migrate to an INSTEON network without having to discard all their existing X10 devices. X10 ready means that it can respond to X10 commands from an X10 controller and it can send X10 commands to X10 devices. Please note that INSTEON devices repeat INSTEON signals but not X10.
All ToggleLinc settings are stored in non-volatile memory and are not lost during power failures.
To ensure network reliability, dual-band INSTEON products (such as Access Points) allow RF-only INSTEON devices to send (and receive) commands to (and from) power line-only INSTEON devices as well as repeat the commands to other RF-only devices. While at least one (1) Dual-band INSTEON product is required when using an RF-only INSTEON device, at least two (2) Dual-band INSTEON products are recommended to ensure reliable communication across common two-phase home wiring systems. For larger applications, it is recommended to install at least one dual-band INSTEON product for each 750 - 1,000 Square Feet.
- ToggleLinc V2 Relay Ivory
- Quick-Start Guide
- 2 mounting screws
- 3 wire nuts
Have an opinion on this product that you would like to share? If, so please take a few moments to write your rating and review.Write your own review
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 1 of 1
- Dec 12, 2012
I Don't Know What It Does!
There is absolutely NO definition for it's use. Why should I need one, if I don't know what it is, and what it does.
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 1 of 1
Warranty provided by: Smarthome
Limited Warranty: 24 months parts; 24 months labor
Mfg Part No: 2466SI
UPC No: 689076402644
Box Size: ( Length: 5, Width: 2, Depth: 3 )
Shipping Weight: 0.4000 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 1 pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: S56-1120
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Smarthome logos are registered trademarks of Smarthome. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.