Ridiculously over-engineered? Or the perfect case for your iPod touch no matter where you're headed?
We think it's a little bit of both.
Simply put, the Griffin Survivor Case is the most protective case we've ever built.
Tested and certified to meet or exceed US Department of Defense Standard 810F and UK Department of Defense Standard 00-35, Griffin's Survivor is designed from the inside out to protect your iPod touch from extreme conditions ... dirt, sand, rain, shock, vibration and a host of other environmental factors.
Survivor is built on a shatter-resistant polycarbonate frame clad in rugged, shock-absorbing silicone. A built-in screen protector seals your Multi-Touch display from the outside environment, and hinged plugs seal the dock connector, camera lens, headphone port, hold switch and volume controls. A detachable heavy-duty clip secures your iPod touch to a belt or bag strap.
- Independently tested and certified to meet conditions outlined in US Department of Defense MIL-STD-810 and UK Department of Defense Def-Stan 00-35
- Integral display shield deflects wind and rain (Test: up to 200 mm/hr for 1 hour)
- Rigid internal frame protects against shocks and drops (Test: drop on flat concrete surface from 6'/1.8 m)
- Sealed ports block blown sand and dust (Test: up to 18 m/sec for 1 hour)
- Silicone cladding blocks vibration (Test: 18 hrs at 20 to 2000 Hz)
- Multi-position clip attaches securely to pack strap or belt