8" ENCLOSED CEILING SPEAKERS Product Details
The AtlasIED FAP82T is a premium performance 70.7/100V tuned & ported 8" coaxial ceiling loudspeaker system perfectly suited for many business music and public address applications -especially applications where high ceilings require loudspeakers with increased efficiency and tighter pattern control.
The FAP82T's 100 degree dispersion angle (in the 2kHz octave band) is perfect for higher ceiling applications where tighter pattern control is required. Tight pattern control (not exceeding 100 degrees) is important for high ceiling applications. Loudspeakers exhibiting wider dispersion than 100 degrees will exceed 6dB of drop off at the edge of the coverage pattern causing excessive SPL variances. Using more of the same wide coverage loudspeaker in a high ceiling application to compensate only worsens the situation as comb filtering from multi-path arrivals will result.
High quality construction 1" voice coil, 8" coaxial cone type driver includes polypropylene cone with a butyl rubber surround. The19mm coaxially mounted tweeter is constructed of PEI. Sensitivity of 90dB average means less power may be required to achieve the desired SPL. This loudspeaker is factory assembled to an optimally tuned & ported deep drawn enclosure and includes a specially designed 60 Watt low saturation 70.7V/100V transformer. A convenient front mounted selector switch allows tap selection without the need to remove the loudspeaker from the ceiling. This tap selector switch also includes a transformer bypass setting for instances where the 8 ohm FAP82T driver is to be direct coupled with a low impedance amplifier.
- "Press -Fit" Grille to Better Blend into Contemporary Architecture
- 4 Pole Detachable "Phoenix" Style Connector Allows Easy Pre-Wiring and is Convenient for Daisy Chaining Additional Speakers
- 60 Watt Enhanced Quality 70.7V/100V Internal Transformer Minimizes Insertion Loss and Maintains Low Frequency Response
- Extended Low Frequency Response from the Optimally Tuned and Ported Deep Drawn Galvanized Steel Enclosure (937 Cubic Inches)
- Front Mounted Tap Selector Switch for Easy System Tuning Adjustments (1.9W to 60W @ 70.7V Plus 8 ohm setting)
- Includes C-ring/V-rail Tile Bridge Mounting Hardware
- May be Pendulum Mounted via Top Mounted Eyebolt (Included). Enclosure is Also Finished in White for Optimum Aesthetics when Hung in Open Ceiling Applications
- Unique "Trap Door" Input Section Allows for Through Conduit Runs with Rigid or Flex Conduit