Not a Point and Shoot. Not an SLR.
It's a PEN. What will you create?
The Olympus E-P1 marks an innovative new era in digital imaging. Our new Micro Four Thirds camera upholds the legacy of the celebrated PEN family of cameras, with the photographic optics of an SLR and the size and simplicity of a point and shoot.
Combining the still image quality of a digital single lens reflex (DSLR) with the A/V quality of both a High Definition camcorder and high-end audio recorder, the E-P1 is a virtual full-service imaging studio in one ultra-portable and stylishly retro body. With dozens of advanced features, the E-P1 makes documenting and sharing your everyday life easier and more creative than ever before.
Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6
- Live View Autofocus: With the seamless precision and simplicity of a point-and-shoot, the E-P1’s Live View Autofocus system displays the images to be shot in complete focus on the camera’s bright LCD the moment the shutter button is pressed half way down.
- Multiple Exposure: Multiple Exposure makes heightened creativity an easily-obtained objective. Two frames can be combined, and portions of one can be combined with those of another in any of the shooting modes. Images can be combined in playback mode or directly on the LCD through the use of the new TruePic V Image Processor.
- Micro Four Thirds Mount: The Micro Four Thirds Mount on the E-P1 provides many key benefits, including the effectiveness of a digitally designed image sensor, an ultra-compact design, and expandability and compatibility with all Micro Four Thirds Lenses and Four Thirds System Lens via the MMF-1 Adapter.
- Art Filters: A series of six built-in Art Filters for replicating countless striking and dramatic effects can be easily activated for both still and video imaging. The innovative Art Filters include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film and Pin Hole.
- 12.3 megapixel: The E-P1’s powerful 12.3 megapixel Live-MOS sensor packs a powerful high-quality imaging punch for such a compact camera, allowing you to capture more detail than ever before.
- TruePic V Image Processor: In addition to more detail, the image sensor, combined with the next-generation TruePic V Image Processor, delivers excellent dynamic range, accurate color fidelity and reduced noise, all the way up to 6400 ISO.
- In-body Image Stabilization: The camera’s In-body Image Stabilization system compensates for up to 4 shutter speed steps with any of the system’s interchangeable lenses.
- Mechanical Image Stabilization: Mechanical Image Stabilization automatically compensates for camera shake in low-light situations or when using a telephoto lens.
- Electronic Image Stabilization: Electronic Image Stabilization compensates for camera shake while shooting in the movie mode.
- MF Assist: For accurate manual focusing, MF Assist can be enabled during S-AF + MF operation. With it you can zoom in on the central part of the image by up to five times by turning the focus ring.
- Perfect Shot Preview: With Perfect Shot Preview, you can preview and select various photographic effects before you take the shot.
- Digital Leveler: The camera’s Digital Leveler function is a highly functional and practical feature for such specialized requirements as architectural photography and other similar needs.
- Dust Reduction System: A Dust Reduction System assures spot-free images. Every time you turn on the camera, the patented Supersonic Wave Filter silently vibrates, flinging and collecting dust so that it cannot interfere with the picture imaging at any time.
- 19 automatic scene modes: There are 19 automatic scene modes available, including Night-Scenes, Portraits and Landscapes. Edits can be made in the camera after the pictures are shot using the handy ePortrait Mode.
- ePortrait: The ePortrait mode is also useful for smoothing out the facial features of your subjects, which is a tremendous plus for High Definition playback.
- Face Detection: A Face Detection function reduces the chance of blurry faces when shooting groups of people -- up to eight subjects at once -- even if they’re moving while you’re pressing the shutter button.
- Aspect Ratios: The E-P1 lets you select one of four Aspect Ratios (4:3, 3.2, 16.9 and 6.6) that help frame your images to whatever proportions you’d like, for everything from conventional enlargements to viewing on widescreen monitors.
- iAuto: iAuto identifies your shooting intent (such as macro or action photography) and instantly adjusts the camera settings to achieve the best results.
- Ultra-compact body: The E-P1 is the definition of state-of-the-art optical engineering in an ultra-compact body. It weighs just 11.8 ounces and measures just 4.75” (W) x 2.75” (H) x 1.43 (D), giving it the facility to slip into pockets or purses and to take with you anywhere.
- M. ZUIKO lenses: The accompanying Olympus M. ZUIKO lenses are small, lightweight, powerful and precision engineered.
This 3x standard zoom lens is the smallest and lightest*
in its class and features a closest focusing distance of only 25cm. The ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and two aspherical lens elements correct aberrations without increasing lens dimensions. The circular aperture diaphragm enables beautiful defocusing - one of the big advantages of this lens. Excellent mobility is assured by a weight of less than 190 grams.
Among interchangeable lenses for SLR camera, As of January, 2007.