The EDGE Boost Cache Solid State Drive (SSD) is ideal for users looking to enter the SSD market, but not yet give up their traditional hard drive. By installing the Boost Cache SSD as a secondary drive (desktop bracket included), users are able to realize the incredible performance gains of an SSD while maintaining the storage capacity benefits of the original hard drive.
The included Dataplex Cache Software by NVELO works in tandem with a standard hard drive and the Boost Cache SSD. Frequently used "hot" data and applications are cached to the high-performance Boost Cache SSD. Infrequently used "cold" data and apps stay on the hard drive. The result is a faster, more efficient computing experience with improved boot times, application loading, and file browsing.
The Dataplex software works in the background to monitor user usage and tendencies. As the computer is used with the Boost Cache SSD, the software automatically decides what data and applications should be on the SSD and what should be on the hard drive.
Utilizing a premium SandForce controller, the Boost Cache SSD can achieve ultra fast read and write speeds of up to 550MB/s and 515MB/s respectively.
With no moving parts inside, Boost Cache SSDs are more reliable and less susceptible to mechanical failures than hard drives. This also results in lower power consumption, lower heat emission, and completely silent operation.
NOTE: The Boost Cache SSD must be installed as a secondary drive to function properly. It must be installed into a Windows system (such as a desktop) that can accept a secondary SATA storage drive.
*Based on EDGE testing results. Performance may vary depending on OS, configuration, etc.
POWERFUL CACHE SOFTWARE- Install the Boost Cache SSD alongside your primary hard drive to enhance system performance.
Included Dataplex Cache Software by NVELO works together with a standard hard drive and Boost Cache SSD to dramatically increase system performance.
Frequently used "hot" data and applications are cached to the high-performance Boost Cache SSD.
Infrequently used "cold" data and apps stay on the hard drive.
Works in the background to monitor a user's usage and tendencies, and makes adjustments automatically.
Simple, easy-to-use interface.
FAST-Incredible transfer speeds of 550MB/s (read) and 515MB/s (write) provide substantial improvements to boot time, file browsing, and application load time compared to hard drives.
DURABLE-No moving parts means a tougher, more reliable, and lower power consumption solution compared to a spinning disk hard drive.
ROBUST-The premium SandForce controller provides a full complement of performance and stability enhancing features: ECC, Garbage Collection, S.M.A.R.T., Durawrite, RAISE, and more.
*Boost Cache SSD MUST be installed as a secondary drive in order to function properly. Windows only.
- Capacity 50GB
- Form Factor 2.5", 9.5mm height
- Connectivity SATA 6Gb/s (SATA III) - also compatible with SATA I and SATA II
- Weight 0.2 lbs
- Speed (SATA 6Gb/s) 550MB/s (read) / 515MB/s (write) - when using in a SATA 6Gb/s system
- Speed (SATA 3Gb/s) 285MB/s (read) / 275MB/s (write) - when using in a SATA 3Gb/s system
- Max IOPS (write) 85,000 (50,000 sustained)
- Dimensions 3.94" (L) x 2.73" (W) x 0.38" (H) - direct replacement for standard 2.5" hard drives
- MTBF 2,000,000 hours
- Power Consumption 0.20W (Idle), 5.00W (Operating)
- Included Software Dataplex cache software - works together with SSD and HDD to improve system performance
- Compatibility Windows 7 - must be used as a secondary drive
- S.M.A.R.T. Support Predicts and warns of SSD failure, helping to protect from data loss
- Wear Leveling Support Improves the lifetime of the SSD by ensuring that data is written evenly across data blocks
- Durawrite Reduces over-writing and extends the endurance of the SSD flash
- RAISE Monitors and corrects errors as they happen, promoting stability of the SSD
- ECC Data errors are detected and corrected before becoming a long-term problem
- Garbage Collection Permanently erases deleted data blocks and returns the space for reuse
- Controller SandForce SF-2281
- Flash Type MLC
- Operating Temperature 0°C to 70°C
- Storage Temperature -55°C to 95°C
- Shock Resistance 1500G/1ms
- Vibration Resistance 16.4g rms 10-2,000 Hz