HP DVD1040i 20x DVD Burner- Retail Product Details
HP DVD1040i 20x Super Multiformat DVD Writer
Burn discs fast, plus get the latest in optical storage features. Record to single- or double-layer DVDs, and to DVD-RAM. Our internal dvd1040i 20x Super Multiformat DVD Writer lets you preserve (and edit) up to 8.5GB of video, photos, and multimedia on one double-layer disc, plus store, back up, transport, and share documents on DVDs and CDs. And this high-speed drive supplies you with the latest version (1.2) of our cool LightScribe2 disc labeling technology, which expertly transfers high-contrast images.
Bringing Your CDs and DVDs to Life!
No doubt you’ve labeled your CD and DVD collections with magic markers or sticky adhesive labels that tend to fray and peel. No matter how neat you are, this labeling technique lacks the professional feel you get from pre-produced disks. And it’s certainly not a system that adequately reflects the great quality video and music you’ve painstakingly collected over the years. Thanks to LightScribe Technology those ragtag days of sloppy looking labels are over. Now you can create customized, professional-looking labels using the same laser that burns your data-right inside your CD/DVD drive! And it’s all incredibly simple to do with LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling technology.
LightScribe technology is an integrated system that combines the CD or DVD drive of your LightScribe-enabled computer with specially coated discs and enhanced disc-burning software to produce precise, laser-etched labels. You can design and produce labels to express your creativity and personality! And there’s no limit to how far you can go. With LightScribe, the disc itself becomes the label. This amazing technology is the no-hassle way to create elegant labels for all your CDs and DVDs. Simply burn your music mix, digital-video/photo archives, or business applications. Then flip the disc and burn your own unique label. It’s as simple as that…with LightScribe Technology!
A Closer Look
- Record to all major formats (±R/±RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R/RW, plus use LightScribe, on a single drive
- Record double-layer DVDs at up to 8x, recordable DVDs at up to 20x, rewritable DVDs at up to 8x, and DVD-RAMs at up to 12x
- Transfer hours of video onto DVD with your PC, then show on your TV
- Get excellent playback compatibility on DVD drives and players, thanks to HP's testing standards
- Expertly label your CDs and DVDs: after burning data, simply flip the disc and apply a precise, silkscreen-like label with the LightScribe direct disc labeling
- Edit video, organize photos, create slide shows, back up data, and create personalized labels with the included software
- Surprise family and friends with home movies on DVD or CD, beautifully labeled with your own creative touch
- Back up critical files on DVD-RAM discs
- Store more: this DVD writer is a PC and laptop personal storage device
- Compatibility: desktop PCs only
- Genuine Windows XP/2000 Professional SP4
- 1.6GHz Intel Pentium IV processor or equivalent recommended
- 128MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended for video editing)
- Hard disk space: 1GB free for included software, 10GB for DVD creation (18GB free for double layer);
- 1024 x 768 video resolution with a minimum of 16-bit color required for DVD authoring and editing
Manufactured by: HP
Warranty provided by: HP
UPC No: 844149031651
Mfg Part No: DVD1040i
( Length:9, Width:4, Depth:9)
Shipping Weight: 1.7500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- HP logos are registered trademarks of HP. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.