USRobotics USR5686G 56K V.92 Serial Control REFURB Product Details
USRobotics USR5686G 56K V.92 Serial Controller Faxmodem
The USRobotics USR5686G 56K V.92 Serial Controller Faxmodem combines the superior performance and reliability of a controller-based modem with the convenience of V.92 and V.22 technologies — with up to 75% less energy use. V.22 Fast Connect, which reduces the connection sequence time for very small data transfers, and secure connectivity make this USRobotics USR5686G 56K V.92 Serial Controller Faxmodem ideal for Point of Sale (POS) systems. The USRobotics USR5686G 56K V.92 Serial Controller Faxmodem also enables secure Machine to Machine (M2M) applications or Remote Server Management applications for Out-of-Band remote diagnostics, troubleshooting, maintenance and back-ups of servers.
What It Is and Why You Need It
- Powerful, secure dial-up connections for your business
- Enables secure Machine to Machine (M2M) applications
- Combines the superior performance and reliability of a controller-based modem with the convenience of V.92 and V.22 technologies — with up to 75% less energy use.
- V.92, V.90, V.34+, V.34, V.32bis, V.32, V.22bis, V.22, V.23, V.21, Bell 103, and Bell 212A
- V.42/MNP 2-4 error correction, V.44 & V.42 bis/MNP 5 compression
- V.80 video conferencing support
- Fax: V.17, V.29, V.27ter, V.21; EIA 578 (Class 1) and EIA 592 (Class 2.0), Group III
- 8 Position DIP Switch
- 7 LEDs (AA, CD, RD, SD, TR, CS, ARQ/FAX)
- DTE Interface: RS232/V.24 - DB25 female connector
- Phone Line Interface: Dual RJ-11
- Power Supply: 9Vac 1A
- Power Switch
- Volume Control Knob
- Temperature: Operating Temperature conditions: 0 to 50 degrees C, Non-Operating Temperature conditions: -20 to 70 degrees C
- Humidity: Operating Humidity conditions: 20% to 80% non-condensing, Non-Operating Humidity conditions: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- FCC approved (Part 15 Class B/Part 68)
- IC approved
- UL listed
- CUL listed
- CE approved (Class B)
- 9.5 x 5.75 x 2.6 in.
- 1.65 lb
- 6.5 x 3.75 x 1.3 in.
- .54 lb
Minimum System Requirements
- Available Serial Port
- Analog Phone Line
- RS-232 Serial Cable
- Modem is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit, Win 7, Server 2008 64 bit, Server 2008, Vista 64 bit, Vista, Server 2003 64 bit, Server 2003, XP 64 bit, XP, NT 4.0, 2000, ME, 98, 95, 3.1, Linux and DOS.
- Unimodem TSP/TAPI compliant
- Fax software requires Microsoft Windows 95 or later
- Modem on Hold requires Windows 2000 or later.
- Advanced features and functionality
- External DIP switches allows manual configuration of specific critical settings
- Extra LEDs for better monitoring of serial signals
- Precise manual volume control
- Permanently store preferred modem default settings
- Fax features and functionality
- Send and receive secure data and faxes through your computer while running other applications.
- Fax features include delayed broadcast and group faxing.
- Get the speed you need
- Fast Connect (V.22) allows 1200 bps connections without error control in less than 1 second§, making this modem ideal for POS and ATM transactions that require lightning fast connections.
- Quick Connect* (V.92) reduces the time it takes to establish your dial-up Internet connection.
- V.92* lets you send attachments up to 50% faster.
- Powerful Management Tools
- Modem on Hold (MoH)† lets you screen incoming calls so you can take the important ones.
- Modem on Hold lets you take calls while online without dropping your Internet connection – there’s no need for a second phone line.
- Firmware upgradability and downloadable software ensure that this modem will continue to meet your changing needs without the need to buy a new modem.
- Advanced Line Probing Technology
- This modem finds the most efficient path for each connection, assuring the best possible speeds, resulting in faster downloads and fewer dropped calls.
- Lower Power Consumption
- This updated modem uses 50% less energy when in use and 75% less energy when idle mode, which makes it more environmentally friendly and will contribute to reducing electricity costs.
THIS PRODUCT IS REFURBISHED
Refurbished products are products that were originally purchased and returned by customers like yourself. The term refurbished is used to describe products that were returned to their manufacturer’s specification then tested and repackaged for sale. We utilize a third party of professional technicians who first troubleshoot and then perform any repairs that are necessary to restore the product to like new condition. Refurbished products represent a great value and we offer them with confidence knowing that every refurbished product was tested by a trained group of professionals. Refurbished products are warranted for up to 90 days after purchase. Any product failure not originating from defects in materials or workmanship will not be considered covered under warranty. Warranty terms applicable to refurbished products may vary; see below for specific warranty information and consider purchasing an extended service plan if you desire even more coverage.
Manufactured by: USRobotics
Warranty provided by: USRobotics
Limited Warranty: 3 months parts; 3 months labor
Mfg Part No: USR5686G
Box Size: ( Length:9, Width:5, Depth:2)
Shipping Weight: 1.5500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: U13-2508 RF
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- USRobotics logos are registered trademarks of USRobotics. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.