Measuring about 1/8 the size of a standard 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD), the EDGE Boost Pro mSATA SSD is a revolutionary flash-based storage device. Similar in size to a common house key, the microscopic form factor makes the Boost Pro mSATA SSD an ideal upgrade solution for Ultrabooks, small form factor notebooks, and mobile devices. SSDs are faster, lighter, more durable, and more reliable when compared to outdated hard disk drives. Boost Pro mSATA SSDs are both PC and Mac compatible and will work in almost any computer with an mSATA interface.
Utilizing a premium SandForce controller, the Boost Pro mSATA SSD can achieve ultra fast read and write speeds. In comparison to hard drives, SSDs can decrease system boot times by up to 5x.* Fast read/write speeds, coupled with a high max IOPS rating, provide fantastic performance gains in boot times, file transfers, and software application loading.
A traditional hard drive can be compared to a car-with so many moving mechanical components constantly in use, parts inevitably wear out over time. With no moving parts inside, Boost SSDs are more reliable and less susceptible to mechanical failures than hard drives. This also results in longer notebook battery life, lower heat emission, and completely silent operation.
Security is a critical feature of the Boost Pro mSATA SSD, featuring 256-bit AES hardware encryption that secures 100% of data when enabled.** The feature rich-SandForce controller comes standard with robust tools such as S.M.A.R.T., Garbage Collection, wear leveling, and ECC to promote stability and reliability. SandForce-exclusive functions- Durawrite and RAISE-further enhance data efficiency and increase the lifespan of the SSD.
Note: Based on EDGE testing results. Performance may vary depending on OS, configuration, etc.
Note: Consult your computer's manual to ensure drive encryption is a supported function of the BIOS.
- Capacity: 30GB
- Form Factor: MO-300 (mSATA)
- Connectivity: SATA 6Gb/s (SATA III) - also compatible with SATA I and SATA II systems
- Connector: Mini PCIe (mSATA)
- Speed: 555MB/s (read) / 365MB/s (write) - when using in a SATA 6Gb/s system
- Max IOPS: 70,000 (40,000 sustained)
- Dimensions: 50.80mm (L) x 29.85mm (W) x 4.35mm (H)
- MTBF: 2,000,000 hours
- Power Consumption: 0.70W (Idle), 2.00W (Operating)
- Encryption: 256-bit AES hardware encryption and Secure Erase function**
- TRIM Support: Prolongs SSD performance over time***
- S.M.A.R.T. Support: Predicts and warns of SSD failure, helping to protect from data loss
- Wear Leveling Support: Improves the lifetime of the SSD by ensuring that data is written evenly across data blocks
- Durawrite: Reduces over-writing and extends the endurance of the SSD flash
- RAISE: Monitors and corrects errors as they happen, promoting stability of the SSD
- ECC: Data errors are detected and corrected before becoming a long-term problem
- Garbage Collection: Permanently erases deleted data blocks and returns the space for reuse
- Controller: SandForce SF-2281/SD-2241
- Flash Type: MLC
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 70°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 85°C
- Power Supply: 3.3VDC ± 5%
Note: Some capacity used for formatting and not available for storage
Note: Consult your computer's manual to ensure drive encryption is a supported function of the BIOS
Note: Requires proper operating system support (i.e. Windows 7)