USB 1.1 to PS/2 Converter Product Details
Port Technology Has Emerged!
Universal Serial Bus (USB) port technology has emerged in response to the proliferation of external peripheral devices (scanners, digital cameras, removable drives, etc.), that are increasingly being connected to the latest generation of PCs.
USB behaves in a similar fashion to conventional bus ports (i.e., serial, parallel, PS/2), but since it does not require any IRQs, more devices can be attached to the system, and the problem of IRQ conflict is eliminated. The GUC100KM PS/2 to USB Keyboard and Mouse interface converter provides the means for PS/2 type keyboards and mice to connect to a PC, notebook, laptop, or handheld computing device that supports the USB specification via the USB bus instead of using conventional bus technology.
An advantage of this for notebooks, for example, is that now an external mouse and keyboard can be connected at the same time without causing conflicts. The GUC100KM comes with two standard 6 pin mini DIN female connectors for the PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse to plug into and has an attached 30 cm USB cable with a type A plug for connection to the PC's USB port, or to a USB hub. For further convenience - especially to users of notebooks, laptops, and handhelds - the GUC100KM adapter derives its operating power from the Universal Serial Bus itself, so no bulky external power supply needs to be taken along. And because it is a USB Specification compliant device, the GUC100KM supports energy-saving suspend and resume operations.
- Cable Length: 6 in.
- Case: Plastic
- Dimensions: Height 8.25 in/ 20.96 cm, Length 15.75 in/ 40 cm, Width 11in/ 27.94 cm
- Operating System Support: Win 98, 98SE, 2000, ME, XP, MAC OS 8.6 or greater. SUN Solaris 8
- Operating Temperature: 20 to 50 degrees (Celsius)
- Humidity: 20-80% RH, (Non Condensing)
- Storage Temperature: 0 to 70 degrees (Celsius)
- Ports: (2) PS/2
- Power Connections: Bus powered
- Transfer Rate: 12 Mbps
- USB Specification: USB 1.1 compliant
- USB to PS/2 adapter for keyboard/mouse
- Users Manual
- Warranty/Registration Card
Manufactured by: Iogear
Warranty provided by: Iogear
UPC No: 672792500121
Mfg Part No: GUC100KM
( Length:6, Width:5, Depth:2)
Shipping Weight: 0.3000 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 1pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Iogear logos are registered trademarks of Iogear. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.