See more products
Iogear - GUC100KM - USB 1.1 to PS/2 Converter for PC and SunItem#: A225-3138 | Model#: GUC100KM
USB 1.1 to PS/2 Converter Product Details
Port Technology Has Emerged!
Universal Serial Bus (USB) port technology has emerged in response to the proliferation of external peripheral devices (scanners, digital cameras, removable drives, etc.), that are increasingly being connected to the latest generation of PCs.
USB behaves in a similar fashion to conventional bus ports (i.e., serial, parallel, PS/2), but since it does not require any IRQs, more devices can be attached to the system, and the problem of IRQ conflict is eliminated. The GUC100KM PS/2 to USB Keyboard and Mouse interface converter provides the means for PS/2 type keyboards and mice to connect to a PC, notebook, laptop, or handheld computing device that supports the USB specification via the USB bus instead of using conventional bus technology.
An advantage of this for notebooks, for example, is that now an external mouse and keyboard can be connected at the same time without causing conflicts. The GUC100KM comes with two standard 6 pin mini DIN female connectors for the PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse to plug into and has an attached 30 cm USB cable with a type A plug for connection to the PC's USB port, or to a USB hub. For further convenience - especially to users of notebooks, laptops, and handhelds - the GUC100KM adapter derives its operating power from the Universal Serial Bus itself, so no bulky external power supply needs to be taken along. And because it is a USB Specification compliant device, the GUC100KM supports energy-saving suspend and resume operations.
- Cable Length: 6 in.
- Case: Plastic
- Dimensions: Height 8.25 in/ 20.96 cm, Length 15.75 in/ 40 cm, Width 11in/ 27.94 cm
- Operating System Support: Win 98, 98SE, 2000, ME, XP, MAC OS 8.6 or greater. SUN Solaris 8
- Operating Temperature: 20 to 50 degrees (Celsius)
- Humidity: 20-80% RH, (Non Condensing)
- Storage Temperature: 0 to 70 degrees (Celsius)
- Ports: (2) PS/2
- Power Connections: Bus powered
- Transfer Rate: 12 Mbps
- USB Specification: USB 1.1 compliant
- USB to PS/2 adapter for keyboard/mouse
- Users Manual
- Warranty/Registration Card
Have an opinion on this product that you would like to share? If, so please take a few moments to write your rating and review.Write your own review
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 1 of 1
- Feb 03, 2006
Excellent choice for a Sun system! I used it to connect my PS2 KVM to the Sun USB keyboard and mouse USB port. I tried a standard PS2 to USB Y-cable, but the mouse didn't work correctly. It actually works better than the Sun supplied USB mouse and the separate USB keyboard I was using.
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 1 of 1
Warranty provided by: Iogear
Limited Warranty: 36 months parts; months labor
Mfg Part No: GUC100KM
UPC No: 672792500121
Box Size: ( Length: 6, Width: 5, Depth: 2 )
Shipping Weight: 0.3000 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 1 pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: A225-3138
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Iogear logos are registered trademarks of Iogear. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.