Socket A Mainboard Product Details
The S746FX is designed to fit the advanced AMD processors in the 462-pin package. Based on the ATX form factor featuring the SiS746 Northbridge and SiS963/963L Southbridge chipsets. This mainboard provides the standard 133/166MHz front side bus with for high-end business or personal desktop markets.
The mainboard incorporates the SiS746 Northbridge and SiS963 Southbridge chipsets. The SiS746 Northbridge features the S2K complaint bus driver technology to support AMD 133/166 MHz FSB processor. It also supports the AMD PowerNow!™ dynamic power management technique. The Memory Controller can support DDR and offer bandwidth up to 2.7GB/s under DDR333 in order to sustain the bandwidth demand from host processor, as well as the multi I/O masters and AGP masters. While the SiS963/963L Southbridge integrates the Universal Serial Bus 2.0 Host Controllers, 1394a (except for SiS963L) and Audio Controller with AC 97 interface.
The S746FX is designed to give you an advanced, multimedia solution at a very low cost. It provides advanced full set of I/O ports, such as dual channel IDE interfaces, a floppy controller, two high-speed serial port, an EPP/ECP capable bi-directional parallel port connector, four USB (Universal Serial Bus) connector, a PS/2 keyboard, mouse and 1394a connectors. One AGP slot, five PCI local bus slots and one communication and networking riser (CNR) slot provide expandability for add-on peripheral cards.
A Closer Look
This motherboard features a Socket A (462) design. The Zero Insertion Force (ZIF) style socket makes it easy to install and upgrade your processor.
The S746FX motherboard is based on the SiS 746 FX Northbridge chipset and the SiS 963/L Southbridge chipset. It supports AMD Athlon XP, Athlon, and Duron Processors with a FSB frequency of 200, 266 or 333 MHz.
The S746FX provides 3 DIMM sockets using 184-pin DDR SDRAM with a total capacity of up to 3GB. You can install unbuffered and non-ECC DDR 333/266/200.
The S746FX provides one 8X AGP slot.
The S746FX includes built in IDE facilities that support Ultra ATA 33/66/100/133.
The S746FX comes with an AC '97 Sound CODEC (C-Media) which supports high quality 6 channel audio (Super 5.1 Channel Audio Effect).
The S746FX comes with a LAN chip (Realtek) and provides a back panel Gigabit LAN port.
- S746FX Mainboard
- User's Manual
- Utilities CD-ROM
- Back Panel Dust Shield
- Flat Ribbon HDD Cable Supporting Up To 2 HDD Devices
- Flat Ribbon FDD Cable Supporting Up To 2 FDD Devices
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
- AMD Generic Processor Installation Video
- AMD Heat Sink Installation Video
- AMD Heat Sink Removal Video
- AMD Selecting the Proper Heat Sink Video
- AMD Thermal Pad VS. Thermal Paste Video
- Syntax S746FX User's Manual
- Technology Guide: Building Your Own PC
- Technology Guide: Memory Installation For Desktops And Servers
- Technology Video: Motherboard Buyer’s Guide – Part 1 Micro ATX Motherboards
- Technology Video: Motherboard Buyer’s Guide – Part 2: ATX Motherboards
Manufactured by: Syntax-Brillian Corp.
Warranty provided by: Syntax-Brillian Corp.
UPC No: 872303002056
Mfg Part No: S746FX
( Length:13, Width:11, Depth:3)
Shipping Weight: 2.2500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Syntax-Brillian Corp. logos are registered trademarks of Syntax-Brillian Corp.. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.