Minicom’s 8 port and 16 port Smart CAT5 Switches are the next-generation line of powerful, compact, single-user, cost-effective, rackmountable KVM switches. The sleek, 1U sized Smart CAT5 line uses standard Cat5 cabling to create the connection between the KVM and the Remote Interface Connection Cable (RICC). This eliminates cable clutter and supports cabling runs up to 33ft. The Smart CAT5 Switches offer native support for 8 or 16 computers, and can be easily cascaded to provide the user control over several hundred computers, all while providing control via one keyboard, monitor, and mouse. Furthermore, Smart Cat5 Switches support mixed operating system environments. Just attach the appropriate RICC to the server, then attach the RICC to the KVM switch via a standard Cat5 patch cord. In just minutes you will have complete control of all of your servers! For added power and control, we offer the Minicom Smart 16IP KVM Switch. It uses the same RICCs as the other Smart Cat5 KVMs; however it enables the user to connect the servers to the KVM via the user’s network. 128-bit SSL technology ensures security is maintained, while the browser-based TCP/IP interface prevents the need for the user to install software on any of the connected servers. Complete server control can be performed from anywhere on the LAN or WAN.
- Powerful - control 8 or 16 computers from one KVM console at resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 at 75Hz
- New RIC (Remote Interface Connection) cable technology
- Extend distance - between computer and switch up to 10 m/33ft.
- Rack mountable - sleek, 1U space saving KVM switches
- Innovative CAT5 technology - eliminate cable clutter at the rack
- Multi-layer security - protects your corporate data
- Better server management - choice of On Screen Display, serial port or push button control
- Multi-platform - PS/2, SUN, and USB support
- Supports the following operating systems: Dos, Windows (3X,9X,2000, NT4, ME, XP) Linux, Unix, QNX, SGI, FreeBSD, BeOS, Open VMS, Novel 3.12-6