See more products
- InkJet Printers (166)
- Laser Printers (473)
- Wireless Printers (19)
- Dot Matrix Printers (68)
- Label Printers (33)
- Other Printers (118)
- Ink / Toner Supplies (9170)
- Copiers (4)
- Fax Machines (20)
- Laminators/Binders (157)
- Shredders (63)
- Scanners (519)
- Ink & Toner Finder (0)
- New Arrivals (1)
- Printer Accessories (2304)
- Printer Cables (94)
- 3D Printers (2)
Brother MFCJ280W WiFi All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer - 10 ppm (ISO) Color, 8 ppm (ISO) Black, 6000 x 1200 dpi, Touchscreen LCD Display, Fax, Copy, ScanItem#: B50-3244 | Model#: MFCJ280W
Want to Upgrade?
- For Just $50.00 More Upgrade to:$119.99
- Our Experts Recommend:$169.99
Brother MFCJ280W WiFi All-in-One Printer Product Details
Brother MFCJ280W Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
The Brother MFCJ280W Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printeris a compact and easy-to-use All-in-One that allows you to print, copy, scan and fax. Its stylish design with patterned lid will complete your modern office. Share with multiple computers on a network using the wireless (802.11b/g/n) network connection. Built-in fax allows you to send and receive documents without using your computer. The 1.9" TouchScreen color LCD display plus Touch Panel controls are ideal for interactive and easy to use menu navigation. The Brother MFCJ280W Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer also features fast print speeds of 33 ppm black and 26 ppm color. Compatible with Brother™ iPrint&Scan which allows you to print images (JPEG and PDF) from and scan to your Apple® Android™, or Windows®: Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device. The 4-cartridge ink system allows you to change only the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
What It Is and Why You Need It:
- Fast Color Printing; With speeds up to 33ppm black and 26ppm color.
- Convenient Built-in Fax; No PC required to send and receive documents.
- Flatbed Copying and Scanning; Flatbed copier allows you to copy bound, thick or odd shaped documents
- 4-Cartridge Ink System; Only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
A Closer Look:
- Faxing Capability: B/W & Color Faxing
- Fax Modem Speed: 14.4K bps Fax Modem
- Best Transmission Speed (sec): Approx. 7 Sec. Per Page
- Out-of-Paper Reception: Yes
- External TAD Interface: Yes
- Caller ID Ready: Yes
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready: No/Yes/Yes
- Distinctive Ring Detection Ready: Yes
- Broadcasting (# of locations): Yes (40 locations)
- Auto Fax Reduction (for fax receiving): Yes
- Dual Access: Yes (B&W Only)
- Fax/Telephone Switch: Yes
- Fax Gray Scale: Mono 64 Color 256
- Fax Coding Method: Mono: MH/MR/MMR/, Color: JPEG
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive: Yes (send only)
- Fax Page Memory: Up to 170 Page Fax Memory
- Copying Capability: B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style: Flatbed
- Max. Black Copy Speed (cpm):22cpm Black
- Max. Color Copy Speed (cpm):20cpm Color
- Stand-alone Copying:No PC Required
- Reduction/Enlargement:25% - 400%
- N in 1 Function:2in1/4in1
- Poster Function:Yes
- Document Glass Size:Letter 8.5" x 11.7"
- Scanning Capability: B/W & Color Scanning
- Max. Interpolated Scan Resolution (dpi): 19,200 x 19,200dpi
- Optical Scan Resolution (dpi): 2400 x 1200 dpi
- Input Color Scan Bit Depth : 36-Bit
- Scanner Driver Compatibility: Windows®/Mac OS®
- Mobile device scanning app: Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG & PDF) from and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device
- Document Viewer Software: Includes Scansoft PaperPort® v12 SE with OCR for Windows® and Presto!® PageManager® for Mac®
- OCR Software: Includes Scansoft PaperPort® SE v12 with OCR for Windows® and Presto!® PageManager® for Mac®
- Formats (Export): TIFF, JPEG, BMP, MAX, HTM, PCX, DCX, PNG, FPX ,PDF
- "Scan To" Feature: E-mail, Image, OCR, File
- Built-in Wireless Network Capabiltiies: Convenient wireless (802.11b/g/n) network interface.
- 1.9" TouchScreen plus Touch Panel LCD Display: For viewing images and easy menu navigation.
- Convenient Built-in Fax: No PC required to send and receive documents.
- Fast Color Printing: With speeds up to 33ppm black and 26ppm color.
- High Quality Printing: With droplet sizes as small as 1.5 picoliters and high resolutions up to 6000 x 1200dpi.
- Flatbed Copying and Scanning: Flatbed copier allows you to copy bound, thick or odd shaped documents
- 4-Cartridge Ink System: Only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan: app for wireless printing (JPEG & PDF) from and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device.
- Help Save Ink: Reduce ink consumption using Ink Save Mode.
|Resolution||Up to 6000 x 1200 dpi|
|Print Speed B/W||33 ppm|
|Print Speed Color||26 ppm|
|Maximum Duty Cycle||2,500 Pages Per Month|
|Special Features||Copying Capability|
|LCD Preview Display|
|ENERGY STAR Qualified||Yes|
|Dimensions||15.9"W x 14.9"D x 6.3"H|
|Connectivity||Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
Printer Paper Handling
|Standard Paper Input||100 Sheets|
|Paper Sizes Supported||Letter|
|8" x 10"|
|5" x 8"|
|5" x 7"|
|Transfer Rate||14.4 Kbps|
|Power Source||AC 100-120V 50/60Hz|
Have an opinion on this product that you would like to share? If, so please take a few moments to write your rating and review.Write your own review
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 5 of 23
- Next »
- Apr 03, 2013
not for photos
this is my 1st brother printer but not my 1st wifi printer.it uses less ink then my last dell printer and the wifi is faster too(to go from computer to printer)i did have a problem getting the wifi to work but with doing a 2nd softwere install fixed that problem,but with 1200x6000 dpi the photo was worse then my last dell & hp and they were 1200x1200 dpi,so i say if your not going to use it for photos the price is right,the only other thing i wish it had is double side printing,my fault i read it wrong as i throught it did and in a way it does along as you use 1 sheet of paper then flip it over and run it again but is a waste of time
- Mar 25, 2013
This is just what we needed. My wife is printing coupons from the family room to the printer in the basement using her tablet. Has more features than we needed but, what the hey.
- Jan 20, 2013
I never had a Brother printer until 4 years ago. Since then, I have had 3. I find them very reliable and good value. I just got this one and it was easier than any to set up and I like the touch screen.
- Dec 07, 2012
I've owned several Brother printers in the past, all have worked flawlessly. This one was purchased to replace my mother's dinosaur printer. Bought it on Black Friday, couldn't go wrong for the sale price. My only regret is that I didn't buy another one for myself!
- Dec 06, 2012
This printer is everything that you should expect from one in the this price category. It lacks some features like a document feeder and the paper tray and paper output are a little awkward, but it is by far the best printer I have used that was under $100. Print quality is excellent and ink cartridges are affordable and that is a winning combination.
- Displaying Reviews 1 - 5 of 23
- Next »
Warranty provided by: Brother
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: MFCJ280W
UPC No: 012502628996
Box Size: ( Length: 18, Width: 9, Depth: 18 )
Shipping Weight: 19.7000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: B50-3244
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Brother logos are registered trademarks of Brother. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.