ASUS TF101-A1 Eee Pad Transformer Android Tablet - 16GB, Android 3.0 Honeycomb, OTA Android 4.0, 10.1" Capacitive Touch Screen Display, NVIDIA Tegra 2Item#: A50-101201 | Model#: 90OK06W2100060Y
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 10.1" 16GB Tablet Product Details
ASUS TF101A1 Eee Pad Transformer Android Tablet
Some things are meant to go together, and the ASUS TF101A1 Eee Pad Transformer Android Tablet transforms the conventional into the unconventional!
With a slim, lightweight design and a 10.1-inch IPS capacitive display made from durable and scratch-resistant glass that is viewable at angles up to 178°, the versatile ASUS TF101A1 Eee Pad Transformer Android Tablet is the perfect tablet for anyone who wants to enjoy multimedia on the move, but still wishes to have easy access to the web, email, and other productivity applications. A custom user interface provides easy access to the many features of the Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) operating system, while the NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 chipset provides full support for Adobe® Flash® 10.2, smooth HD video conferencing and playback, a lightning fast web experience, and incredible mobile gaming performance. The optional docking station turns the ASUS TF101A1 Eee Pad Transformer Android Tablet into PC mode with a QWERTY keyboard, while extending battery life up to 16 hours. Front and rear cameras make for easy video chat and digital photography, which can be played back in video on HDTVs via a mini HDMI output port, making it a true mobile entertainment device.
What It Is And Why You Need It
- 10.1-inch IPS capacitive pressure-sensing multi touch display for brilliant HD entertainment and intuitive navigation. 178° viewing angle (1280 x 800)
- Powered by NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 mobile processor for best web experience with up to two times faster browsing, hardware accelerated Flash, and console-quality gaming
- Front (1.2 MP) and rear (5 MP) cameras for face-to-face video chats and on-the-go video and picture capturing
- Mini HDMI port to supersize your entertainment to compatible HDTVs and external displays
- Optional Docking station (not included) with QWERTY keyboard adds additional 6.5 hours of battery life, to instantly turn the Transformer into PC mode with up to 16 hours of battery life.
When Tablet meets Keyboard
View larger Breaking the mold, an optional keyboard docking station (available separately)designed especially for the Eee Pad Transformer transforms your tablet into PC mode with a 92% sized QWERTY keyboard with unique Android Function (Fn) keys for added convenience.
Featuring all of the connectivity you'd expect in your notebook, the Eee Pad Transformer comes complete with 2 USB 2.0 ports, a headphone audio jack and a 4-in-1 card reader when used with the optional docking station. Also to keep you unplugged longer without interruption, the optional keyboard docking station adds an additional 6.5 hours of battery life, allowing the Eee Pad Transformer to last up to an astounding 16 hours.
When Android meets Tegra
View larger Designed specifically with tablets in mind, the Android Honeycomb 3.0 operating system provides you with optimized features and functions such as multi-touch and a holographic interface that allows you to access widgets and shortcuts with ease. Get refined multitasking, rich notifications, Home screen customization, widgets, and more. And experience the web with Adobe® Flash® 10.2 for added convenience.
Other Android Features:
- Customizable Home screens
Five customizable Home screens give users instant access to all parts of the system from any context. Each screen offers a large grid that maintains spatial arrangement in all orientations. Users can select and manipulate Home screen widgets, app shortcuts, and wallpapers using a dedicated visual layout mode. Visual cues and drop shadows improve visibility when adjusting the layout of shortcuts and widgets. Each Home screen also offers a familiar launcher for access to all installed applications, as well as a Search box for universal search of apps, contacts, media files, web content, and more.
- Recent Apps, for easy visual multitasking
Multitasking is central to the Android 3.0 experience. As users launch applications to handle various tasks, they can use the Recent Apps list in the System Bar to see the tasks underway and quickly jump from one application context to another. To help users rapidly identify the task associated with each app, the list shows a snapshot of its actual state when the user last viewed it.
- Redesigned keyboard
The Android soft keyboard is redesigned to make entering text fast and accurate on larger screen sizes. The keys are reshaped and repositioned for improved targeting, and new keys have been added, such as a Tab key, to provide richer and more efficient text input. Users can touch-hold keys to access menus of special characters and switch text/voice input modes from a button in the System Bar.
- Improved text selection, copy and paste
When entering or viewing text, a new user interface lets users quickly select a word by press-hold and then adjust the selection area as needed by dragging a set of bounding arrows to new positions. Users can then select an action from the Action Bar, such as copy to the clipboard, share, paste, web search, or find.
NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2, world's first mobile super chip, brings the fastest, most visually-rich tablet experience ever seen. The Eee Pad Transformer takes full advantage of this mobile dual-core processor, providing extreme multitasking capability with the best web experience – up to two times faster browsing, hardware accelerated Flash, and NVIDIA® GeForce® gaming.
When Multimedia meets Functionality
View larger Experience the wonders of video chat and crisp digital photography with front (1.2MP) and rear (5MP) facing cameras, which can be played back in video on HDTVs via a mini HDMI output port. Built in SRS Sound technology also provides a dynamic 3D stereo audio experience with maximum bass response and a wide sound field from the built-in speakers.
When the Cloud meets Convenience
View larger ASUS' Waveshare Interface hosts a variety of unique applications that help you easily launch software, manage content and access online services and connect devices with a few simple taps.
Allows users to easily stream digital media wirelessly within home network devices with the Eee pad Transformer. Play HD videos or music on any home network devices such as the HDTV monitor or desktop PCs for an even better experience from the Eee Pad Transformer.
Consolidates downloaded books, magazines and newspapers in to one easy to browse profile that syncs with Google Bookstore and ASUS @Vibe.
MyCloud is a total cloud solution, providing access to digital content such as music, videos and files from the cloud anywhere, anytime. Users can even use MyCloud to remotely access and control any PC or Mac system and access applications or files to extend the versatility of the Eee Pad Transformer experience.
A Closer Look
What's in the Box
- ASUS EeePad Transformer TF101
- User manual
- Power adaptor with USB to 40 pin connector
- Warranty card
- Operating System: Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) Platform
- Display: 10.1-inch WSVGA IPS capacitive multi touch display built with durable and scratch-resistant glass; 178° viewing angle(1280 x 800)
- Chipset: NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 Mobile Processor
- Memory: 1GB DDR2
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- Storage: 16GB eMMC Flash (Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (functionality requires future software upgrade)
- Camera: 1.2 megapixel (Front); 5.0 Megapixel (Rear)
- Speakers: SRS Sound
- Card Reader: Micro SD Card Reader
- Input / Output: 1 x Mini HDMI, 2-in-1 audio jack (head phone/mic-in jack), internal mic
- Battery Pack: 24.4 W/h Li-polymer battery (up to 9.5 hours)1
- Dimensions: 10.67" x 6.97" x 0.51" –inches (W x D x H)
- Weight: 1.5lbs
- Color: Espresso
Manufactured by: Asus
Warranty provided by: Asus
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor
Mfg Part No: 90OK06W2100060Y
UPC No: 610839379408
Box Size: ( Length:13, Width:2, Depth:9)
Shipping Weight: 3.1000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty
may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the
address below and requesting the warranty for item number: A50-101201
7795 W. Flagler St. Suite 35
Miami, FL. 33144
- Asus logos are registered trademarks of Asus. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.